Who is it for?
This course is for anyone working with electricity, primarily designed for technicians who may be required to carry out electrical isolation ancillary to their main employment. Maintenance, Caretaking Staff, Machine Engineers, HVAC, Lift Installers, Telecoms/Data Engineers, Plumbing/Heating/Gas Engineers, Security and Fire System Engineers.
This will help provide employers with additional evidence when assessing electrical competency.
What the course covers
- The legal requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations and Electricity Safety Council guidance.
- Lock off and tag out procedures for both single and three phase
- The exact definition of “Safe Isolation” and how to practically achieve it
- Selecting suitable test equipment and lock off kits
- The difference between on and off load isolation
Taught by both theory and practical (three phase by simulation at our centres). If the course is carried out in your own environment we will complete the tasks on your own equipment if you prefer. Delegates may bring their own test equipment and lock off kits (if suitable) or can use our equipment on the day.